Links
That awkward space between reality and reality television.
Friday, February 22, 2008
Ok, last minute Oscar predictions! I did catch There Will Be Blood this weekend...I give it an A!
Here goes...
Best Actor: Daniel Day Lewis
Ladies and gentlemen, this year's Oscar gimme.
Supporting Actor: Javier Bardem
The best film villain since Hannibal Lecter.
Best Actress: Cate Blanchett
I have no idea here.
Supporting Actress: Tilda Swinton
I thought she was great in Michael Clayton. Ronan from Atonement is worth mention too.
Best Animated Film: Persepolis
I really wanted to see this, but didn't have time. I would have had to go to NY to find it anyway.
Art Direction: There Will Be Blood
Cinematography: Atonement
Costume Design: Atonement
Directing: There Will Be Blood
Best Documentary: No End in Sight
Documentary Short: La Corona
Film Editing: There Will Be Blood
Foreign Language Film: 12
Makeup: Pirates of the Carribean
Original Score: Atonement
Original Song: August Rush
Animated Short: Peter and the Wolf
Live Action Short: At Night
Sound Editing: The Bourne Ultimatum
Sound Mixing: Transformers
Apparently this guy has been nominated like 20 times and never won.
Visual Effects: Transformers
Adapted Screenplay: No Country for Old Men
Original Screenplay: Juno
You have to think they'll give it something, right?
Best Picture: No Country for Old Men
I think There Will Be Blood might have been better, but I liked No Country more. And I think that's how the voters will go too. However, something in the back of my head keeps saying that if there ever was a year that they give it to a move like Juno, then this would be it.
Here goes...
Best Actor: Daniel Day Lewis
Ladies and gentlemen, this year's Oscar gimme.
Supporting Actor: Javier Bardem
The best film villain since Hannibal Lecter.
Best Actress: Cate Blanchett
I have no idea here.
Supporting Actress: Tilda Swinton
I thought she was great in Michael Clayton. Ronan from Atonement is worth mention too.
Best Animated Film: Persepolis
I really wanted to see this, but didn't have time. I would have had to go to NY to find it anyway.
Art Direction: There Will Be Blood
Cinematography: Atonement
Costume Design: Atonement
Directing: There Will Be Blood
Best Documentary: No End in Sight
Documentary Short: La Corona
Film Editing: There Will Be Blood
Foreign Language Film: 12
Makeup: Pirates of the Carribean
Original Score: Atonement
Original Song: August Rush
Animated Short: Peter and the Wolf
Live Action Short: At Night
Sound Editing: The Bourne Ultimatum
Sound Mixing: Transformers
Apparently this guy has been nominated like 20 times and never won.
Visual Effects: Transformers
Adapted Screenplay: No Country for Old Men
Original Screenplay: Juno
You have to think they'll give it something, right?
Best Picture: No Country for Old Men
I think There Will Be Blood might have been better, but I liked No Country more. And I think that's how the voters will go too. However, something in the back of my head keeps saying that if there ever was a year that they give it to a move like Juno, then this would be it.
Comments:
Post a Comment
